In Minecraft, cats can serve as more than just adorable companions. Not only can they keep dangerous mobs such as creepers and phantoms away, but they can also offer you valuable rewards. By taming cats, you can enlist their help in keeping you safe and well-provisioned throughout your gameplay. Here’s a guide to how to tame cats in Minecraft, from finding strays to winning their hearts (and stomachs).
Finding a Stray Cat: Your Feline Find
- Villages and abandoned witch huts are your prime spots for spotting stray cats. Villages often have 1-4 cats roaming around, while witch huts usually house a single black cat.
- Look for their distinctive black, white, orange, tabby, or Siamese coats.
Winning Their Affection: The Fishy Business
- Cats are big-time foodies, but they have a particular taste for raw cod or raw salmon. Gather up a few of these from a nearby lake or river.
- Approach the cat slowly and patiently, as they can be skittish. Quick movements will send them running!
- With the raw fish in hand, interact with the cat. It may take a few attempts, but keep offering the fish until hearts appear above its head.
- Congratulations, you’ve made a new feline friend! A red collar will materialize around its neck, signifying its tamed status.
Caring for Your Cat: The Purr-fect Companion
- Tamed cats will follow you around, teleporting to you if you stray too far. They’ll even sit when you command them to, staying put until you release them.
- Keep them well-fed with raw fish to maintain their affection. A hungry cat might wander off in search of food.
- Cats love to perch on chests, beds, and other furniture. While adorable, this can occasionally block your access. Gently nudge them off or lure them with fish if needed.
Cat Benefits: Beyond Cuteness
- Creeper Repellent: Creepers and phantoms will avoid cats, keeping you safer during your adventures.
- Gift-Givers: Wake up to find your feline friend has left you surprises like string, raw chicken, or even a rabbit’s foot!
- Adorable Company: Who doesn’t love having a furry friend by their side in the blocky world of Minecraft?
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many cats can I tame?
There’s no limit to the number of cats you can befriend in Minecraft! Gather a whole feline squad if you wish.
- Can I breed cats?
Absolutely! Feed two tamed cats raw fish to encourage them to breed. They’ll produce a kitten that will eventually grow into an adult cat.
- Can I change a cat’s collar color?
Yes, simply right-click on a tamed cat while holding a dye to change its collar’s color to match your style.
- Do cats have different personalities?
While cats don’t have distinct personalities in Minecraft, their coat patterns can vary, giving each one a unique look.
- Can cats die in Minecraft?
Unfortunately, yes. Cats can be injured or killed by falls, fire, suffocation, and attacks from hostile mobs. Protect your feline friends carefully!
If you’re looking to enhance your gameplay in Minecraft, taming cats can be a great option. Not only do they add companionship and protection, but they also bring a touch of magic to your adventures. How to play Minecraft with friends can be an exciting adventure in virtual realms; however, it’s important to approach the process with patience, much like earning the trust of skittish and unpredictable cats.
One helpful tip is to bring plenty of fish, as this is their favorite food and can help speed up the taming process. Once you’ve successfully tamed a cat, you’ll be rewarded with a loyal companion who will follow you around and even scare off any nearby creepers. So if you’re up for the challenge, give cat-taming a try and cherish the bond you’ll create with your new feline friend!