How to Clean and Detail Your Vehicle Like a Pro
If you love your car and want to keep it looking new and shiny, you know how important it is to detail your car. However, not everyone can afford to have it done professionally by the likes of Word of Mouth Auto Detailing Services. If you’re in this boat, here is how to clean and detail your car like a pro.
- Wash the exterior with a nice microfiber cloth. The first thing you want to do is to give your car a nice hose down and fill a bucket with a specialized car cleaning solution and water. Use a soft, microfiber cloth to wash the car, or some sort of microfiber mitt to scrub off all the dirt and oil without scratching or damaging the paint. You want to start from the top and move to the bottom, scrubbing in circles, and make sure you really get into the grill.
- Give your tires and wheels a good scrub. Next you want to get into your tires and your rims. Be sure to really get in there to wipe off all the dirt and grime that builds up on your rims, and if necessary, you may want to get into your rims with a toothbrush. If you have any kind of tire dressing, then you’ll definitely want to use that as well. You can find them in the form of a spray or liquid. There are special applicators you can buy to apply the dressing, but you can also just use a soft sponge.
- Clean your windows inside and out. When you clean your windows, you want to be sure that you apply your window cleaner one window at a time. Otherwise, the spray will dry on the window before you get to it, and you will just have to apply more and waste your spray. You can use a microfiber cloth for cleaning your windows as well, or if you want to go the cheap and simple route, newspaper will definitely do the trick.
- Treat your dashboard and any leather features in your interior. Once you’re done with your windows, you want to get to the interior. Some people like to do the interior side of the windows before they treat the dashboard so that they can get it over with. But some people like to wait until afterwards, in case they get any dashboard spray on the windows. In any case, you want to start by wiping the dust and detritus off the dashboard with a dry towel. Then, spray your dashboard cleaner on a clean towel and wipe down your dashboard, glove compartment, center console, steering wheel, etc. If you have leather seats, you will want to wipe them down with a dry towel, and then treat them with leather cleaner in the same way.
- Give your car a thorough vacuuming. Last but not least, you want to pick up all of that dirt you wiped off of your seats and dash, plus everything else that’s been building up on the floor of your car with a vacuum. Pull all of the carpeted mats out of the car and vacuum what’s underneath them, then give the mats a good vacuuming on both sides. If you want, you can give them a nice layer of deodorizing spray to complete the job – and voilÃ ! You’ve got a fully detailed car.