5 Oral Care Tips for a Whiter Healthier Smile
If you struggle with keeping your teeth white, you know just how hard it can be to smile in public. It’s truly a shame when you want to show the people you care about just how happy they make you feel, but you can’t because you’re embarrassed to show your teeth. The truth, however, is that having white teeth is about creating new habits with your oral hygiene regimen, and if you stick to them, you’ll notice a huge difference. If you’re looking to really make a difference in the way you feel, here are five oral care tips for a whiter healthier smile.
- Brush in circles. Have you ever noticed the way that people are always brushing their teeth in circles in the toothpaste commercials? That’s because it actually makes your teeth whiter. When it comes to brushing your molars, it makes sense to brush back and forth, and you definitely want to get each surface thoroughly. However, when you brush your front teeth – top and bottom – you want to brush in small circles to get them nice and white.
- Use mouthwash after every meal. If you really want to prevent stains on your teeth, then you’re going to have to start using mouthwash after every meal. It also doesn’t hurt to brush or floss after lunch from time to time, but you should always keep a small bottle of mouthwash with you. It only takes about 30 seconds, and you can get all of those leftover food particles out of your mouth, leaving you with clean, fresh breath for hours to come.
- Be sure to floss every day. If you really want to have a healthy smile, you’re going to have to make a habit of flossing every day. Flossing isn’t just about getting the food in between the teeth, it’s about getting under the gum line in front and behind your teeth. Whenever you floss, you want to apply pressure on one tooth, as you get under the gum line and then switch to the other. This will strengthen your gums and keep them from receding or peeling back.
- Drink dark liquids with a straw. If you drink a lot of dark sodas, coffee or tea, it may be a good idea to try and cut down. When you do drink dark liquids, though, it’s important that you drink them through a straw so that they don’t make contact with your front teeth. This may feel strange with hot drinks especially, but if you want to protect your teeth and keep them white, you’ll get used to it.
- Get a whitening treatment. At the end of the day, if you want to keep your teeth really white, you’re going to have to go in for a whitening treatment every few years. You can get a whiter, healthier smile by visiting Glow Dental Spa, for a treatment that will not only make your smile brighter, but you’ll feel just how much cleaner your mouth is.
Tools To Speed Up Your Work Day
Business professionals hear all of the time about the technology being developed to make theirRead More
No matter the state of the economy, the car wash has been a steady staple in towns and cities across America.
These days, with the implementation of low-cost washes with free vacuums, they are more popularRead More